While you can easily buy bread from the nearby bakery or convenience store, it’s simply not the same when compared to home baked bread. A lot of people know this, and that’s why they are looking for the best budget choice for a bread maker in 2017.
These days, there are a lot of bread makers in the market to choose from. Most bread makers are specially designed for a niche, but in the budget bread makers department, our recommended product of choice is the Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker.
If you arrived at this page by mistake and just want to buy the Sunbeam 5891 then click here to go straight to Amazon.com
If you want to know why we think this is the best budget breadmaker, then continue reading below.
Why The Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker?
The biggest reason is because Sunbeam 5891 offers a lot of value for the money. It may not have all the bells and whistles, nor the latest add-ons, but it’s also not the most expensive bread maker on the market, and won’t break the bank.
The Sunbeam 5891 strikes a good balance between features and price. To simply put it, with the price of this machine, it’s as if you are getting a bread maker with the combined features that belong to a higher price range.
If you are still interested to know more about the Sunbeam 5891 and you want to know more about its features and benefits, then we will cover that below.
Sunbeam 5891 Features:
Here’s a list of some of the most important features of this breadmaker
* Programmable to make 1 1/2 or 2-pound bread
* 12 Cooking Functions
* 3 Shade Selections
* Capable of delay bake
* LED display
* Touch control Panel
* Comes with removable non-stick bake pan.
* 1-year limited warranty
Real Life Benefits Of Sunbeam 5891:
The features of the Sunbeam 5891 are plentiful, but let’s dig deeper on how these features translate into benefits that you can enjoy on a daily basis.
* User-Friendly – most of the features of this breadmaker are geared towards making this bread maker user-friendly as possible. For baking bread, you simply add the measured ingredient to the baking pan, close the lid, choose your selections and you’re done. The Sunbeam 5891 will take care of the rest from then on.
* Very Versatile – the Sunbeam 5891 is a very versatile breadmaker especially when you consider the price. You can hardly find another breadmaker that’s the same price range that has the same versatility. Sunbeam 5891 comes with 12 different setting for different types of baking bread. On top of that, it’s also capable of making a cake, jam, and dough. As if all those options are not already enough, the Sunbeam 5891 also comes with 3 crust selections. You can choose either light, medium or dark.
* Express Bake – the Sunbeam 5891 comes with an “express” bake feature. As the names suggest, it will bake a loaf of bread for you at the least time possible without sacrificing the quality and texture of the bread. Even with a dark crust setting, it is capable of baking a loaf of bread in just an hour. It’s really a great feature if you want fresh bread as soon as possible.
* 13-Hour Programmable Delay Bake – Aside from the express bake, the Sunbeam 5891 comes with a delay bake feature. You can prepare everything in advance so by the time you wake up or come home, a piece of freshly baked bread is waiting for you.
* LCD Display – while LCD displays are standard in more expensive bread makers, it’s not very common in the price range of Sunbeam 5891. This is the reason why we think that this feature needs to be pointed out. The LCD will show you your chosen setting, and it also gives you information on what bread-making stage the breadmaker is on.
* Viewing Window – another unique feature of Sunbeam 5891 is the viewing window. On top of this appliance is a small window that will give you a peek of what’s inside the machine. It will help you determine the preferred colour your bread if you are not very acquainted with Sunbeam 5891 light, medium and dark crust settings. The viewing window is certainly better compared to opening the machine just to know how your bread is doing.
* Nonstick Bread Pan – the machine comes with an aluminum baking pan, which comes with a non-stick coating material. The non-stick coating is a big help when it comes to removing the bread from this device (it usually just slides out).
* Power Outage Backup – the Sunbeam 5891 comes with a very useful power outage backup feature. From the moment the power shuts off, this bread maker will remember the setting and cycle stage for 30 minutes. If the power comes back on within that time frame, the breadmaker will continue with the bread making as if the power didn’t go out.
What The Actual Users Are Saying?
“I’ve been making bread for about twice a week for a year using this bread maker. It works every time with no drama. There’s only 1 instance that the bread didn’t rise correctly. But it turns out; I was wrong about the yeast measurement. So, not the product’s fault.”
“Holy guacamole! I just made bread by simply dumping a bunch of ingredients into this machine and left it to play my video games. This is near magic!”
“The Sunbeam 5891 looks good. I just leave it on the counter and not hide it from plain sight. It’s also surprisingly silent. While it does shake a bit when it kneads, but it doesn’t move from the spot. You don’t have to worry it accidentally falling down the counter.”
We’ll be the first to admit that the Sunbeam 5891 is not the best bread maker in the market right now. There are a lot of other bread makers that can do much more with more features. On the downside, those kinds of bread makers are a lot more expensive compared to this choice. When it comes to price versus features, that’s where the Sunbeam 5891 truly shines. You can’t really go wrong considering the price.
Hence, if you are on a tight budget and you just need a reliable bread maker that works, then the Sunbeam 5891 is a serious contender for your investment money.
The Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker is available at Amazon.com.